Industry Feedback Molds DESTINI Estimator 2017.3.0 to be Solution for Construction Estimating Frustrations
Beck Technology crowd-sourced feedback and direction from construction estimators to enhance and create features in the estimating platform which provides construction firms a realistic estimating tool
Beck Technology, leading preconstruction and estimating software firm for the commercial construction industry, has released a new version of its intelligent estimating software: DESTINI Estimator 2017.3.0. The platform includes more than 20 new innovative features – developed with input from leading top general contractors – that make construction estimating faster, easier, and more intelligent.
To determine exactly which features would deliver the most value to construction estimators, Beck Technology used a crowd-sourcing approach to target its development efforts, seeking input from current Estimator users as well as a select group of industry experts. The software enhancements were a direct response to guidance from Beck Technology’s Industry Advisory Board, which is comprised of select general contractors from the ENR Top 400 General Contractors in the United States. This group’s feedback provided valuable direction on 85 percent of the features introduced in Estimator 2017.3.0.
“Our Industry Advisory Board shaped our estimating solution with ideas not only about improving the previous feature set but also on what they think the future of commercial construction will need,” said Michael Boren, Chief Technology Officer for Beck Technology. “To see their feedback implemented in Estimator 2017.3.0 means we are listening, collaborating, and cooperatively building a better industry.”
A significant number of enhancements were made in Estimator 2017.3.0 highlighted by the following features:
- Group, sort, and filter takeoff quantities on one sheet or across the entire set of takeoff documents and instantly tie costs to those quantities,
- Immediately see where any quantity came from in one click,
- Visually see which takeoff items have been priced and which have not, and
- User experience enhancements on organizing a takeoff summary and summarizing data in the estimate.
Clients are part of molding Estimator 2017.3.0 as they implement and use the software in their companies. Initial feedback includes:
- Lauren Barrer, IT Project Manager for Balfour Beatty US, stated “You have done everything you were contractually obligated to do and way more. We loved working with the Beck Technology team.”
- Ray Miller, VP of Preconstruction for Balfour Beatty US, said, "Beck Technology exceeded our expectations. We are already winning work with DESTINI Estimator."
- Senior Estimator Taimoor Khan of Walbridge said, “This version has a lot of improvements in the 2D takeoff and estimate integration process. The takeoff summary is a very nice crosscheck of the takeoff and estimate.”
The estimating software’s highlights are demonstrated in Beck Technology’s ‘Pricing Your [Quantity Takeoff] with DESTINI Estimator 2017.3.0’ on-demand webinar.